Leading the Charge
How much are you willing to give up to keep your monsters out of the Graveyard? Rafael answered this question with the Soul Charge Spell Card, and come April 25th you can use it to put yourself to the test!
Soul Charge is simple: Give up your Battle Phase, target any number of monsters in your Graveyard, Special Summon them, and lose 1000 Life Points for each monster you Special Summon. Hidden in Soul Charge’s simplicity is tremendous power. Nearly any Deck can use it, and it can create huge plays and turnaround all on its own… if you can pay the price!
In the original Yu-Gi-Oh! series, Rafael activated Soul Charge in his second Duel against the Pharaoh to Special Summon Guardian Elma, Guardian Kay’est, and Backup Gardna from his Graveyard. By doing so, Rafael emptied his Graveyard of all monsters and cleared the darkness from his heart, making himself immune to the soul-stealing effects of The Seal of Orichalcos.
Although you probably won’t use Soul Charge to escape The Seal of Orichalcos, you will be able to use Soul Charge to gain a dominating lead in your Duels. During the course of a Duel, Duelists gradually destroy each others’ monsters to gain the upper hand. Soul Charge throws a wrench into the best laid plans of your opponent by bringing back all of your monsters at once! Losing 1000 Life Points per monster and the Battle Phase is a hefty cost of doing business, but it’s well worth it when you can do things like…
- Special Summon Fire Fist monsters like Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Bear and Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Gorilla, activate their effects, then combine them to Xyz Summon a powerful Rank 4 monster like Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Tiger King or Number 101: Silent Honor ARK.
- Bring back your Level 7 Mermails like Mermail Abyssmegalo and Mermail Abyssteus, then Xyz Summon a Rank 7 monster such as Mermail Abyssgaios, Mecha Phantom Beast Dracossack, or Number 11: Big Eye.
- Special Summon all of your Harpie Ladies and quickly Xyz Summon Harpie’s Pet Phantasmal Dragon or Lightning Chidori. No Hysteric Party? No problem!
- Special Summon Gladiator Beast Bestiari and another Gladiator Beast from your Graveyard then fuse them into Gladiator Beast Gyzarus.
- Pull back a Tuner, non-Tuner, or both for a Synchro Summon. Losing 2000 Life Points to pull off a Black Rose Dragon or Beelze of the Diabolic Dragons is often a bargain!
- Retrieve your Geargia monsters from the Graveyard to Xyz Summon Gear Gigant X or other powerful Xyz Monsters. You can even play it to get back Geargiarmor and immediately flip it face-down.
- Revive Bujin Yamato to restart your strategy if things go south.
- Retrieve a pair of Noble Knights, or even just Noble Knight Medraut, and go crazy!
Soul Charge is an incredible card that’s sure to find its place in many different Decks. You can pick it up after the release of Dragons of Legend on April 25th!